Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cherish The Moment

I was going through alot of old photos and I ran across this one of my dad.  I had forgotten about this photo for several years.  He was 17 when he joined the Navy.  The day they bombed Pearl Harbor was also his birthday and his older brothers had decided to join the war.  So, my dad had to do the same.  He lied about his age!!  OMGOSH!!!  I wish I knew who these other three men are but since my dad passed away last year at the age of 85 I no longer know.  Perhaps if he was still alive he could give me their names.  I often wonder if they are still alive.  My dad is on the right side of the photo.  Just look at his baby face.  LOL

I am using the new Prima paper from the Printery Collection -  Negative papers.  I also used Creative Imaginations paper as well.  I was looking for something rather old looking to use.  I also decided not to use the normal red, white, and blue papers since my dad is no longer with us.  I inked the papers with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo.  I also used Tim Holtz Dream and Trust tickets which I added them with Prima Buttons which looks rather old themself.  I found red, white, and blue Prima flowers and added them.  I wanted something rather simple.  I then found in my stash a large flourish from Maya Roads and I used Ranger Crackle paint - Picket Fence and then inked the edges with Vintage Photo.  The US Navy seal and God Bless America in the frame by KaiserCraft I found on the internet.  Thank goodness we have access to the computer!!  I also bought at The Crafty Scrapper another product I believe from KaiserCraft the sign which I typed in World War II and cut it out to fit.  I then added Cherish the moment which is a rub on.  I wish I knew who made it but it is something that I have had for years.  I used a small red ribbon to add to the botton of the page and then added by Maya Roads the gold and white stick pins. 

Here are the items that I used:
Prima Printery Collection - Negative papers
Creative Imaginations paper
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz - Trust and Dream tickets
Prima - Memories sign
Prima - flowers
Maya Roads - Flourish
Maya Roads - Star Stick Pins
Ranger Crackle Paint - Picket Fence
KaiserCraft - Frame
EK Success - Black Pearls
Prima Buttons

Thank you so much for looking!

Hugs - Ginger

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME....great use of embellies and color, Ginger. Lovin' that picture of your dad and his buddies!

    ReplyDelete