Sunday, October 9, 2011

You Are Unique


Well, here is another example of a new technique I have been trying out on layouts.  I used Bazzill gray cardstock.  I then took white acrylic paint and painted the background.  I then used Mulberry paint and dipped my fingers in it and made all the little red dots.  I decided to use this old photo which is me and my mom in 1951.  We were outside our home in Van, Texas.   I decided to just use red with splashes of white and brown.  I took a white sheer ribbon , made a bow and then I dipped it into red paint.  Yes, my fingers were very messy!!!  But I then placed it on the area and let it dry.  Needless to say the ribbon needed no glue for it stuck to the cardstock perfectly.  I also added a piece of paper which I used a Martha Stewart punch and her circle cutter.  I glued all this together.  I then added red Prima flowers and brown flowers plus a rose cut out from Prima as well.  I then found a brown Prima flower and 3 buttons from Prima as well.  I placed them in the corner and then added white and red paint to each one.  I also cut out a brown piece of paper and a button from Prima and then added paint to it.  I took a brush and added small white dots of paint to the cardstock.  I also used white paint in various areas which I thought needed to be highlighted.  I hope you like this.  It took me awhile to put it all together but I rather like the effect.

Thanks for looking!  Please add your name to my friends list and leave a comment which is always appreicated.

Hugs - Ginger

3 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING GINGER!!!Great use of paint and color....YOU ROCKED THIS ONE! LOVE IT...KUDOS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i <3 this one... would have been better if it was a picture of me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice bLog! its interesting. thank you for sharing.... 2020 iris convention

    ReplyDelete