Hello friends! Today I did this layout for the design team at CSI Color Stories Inspiration. We were to use all the colors and have a summer theme. I could not find a photo any better than these two little ones...Kenzie and Colby my sweet grandchildren. They go swimming everyday in their pool which they have lots of fun!
Here is the challenge:
- Watercolor pattern
- Sketchy patterns
- Beach/nautical elements
- Lobster or other animal
- Wet medium
- Embossing powder or something else grainy like sand.
- Elements from the Scene, like candy, ice cream, bikini, shells, pail, beach ball, etc.
TESTIMONY (JOURNALING IDEAS)
- Topic: Document a trip to the beach or other place near water.
- Prompt Idea: Choose a July question.
- Presentation: Add journaling to stripes on your paper.
- Writing Format: Write a list of things you need to bring to whatever event is in your photo.
- Inspiration Words: relax, entertain, away
- 114.191.211 – bright sky blue
- 71.94.144 – navy blue
- 255.255.251 – white
- 238.79.39 – red with a hint of orange
- 246.239.221 - sand
How I solved this case:
The Scheme: Used all 5 colors
The Evidence: Watercolors, Water Element, Wet Medium, Fringe
The Testimony: Water Theme
Here are my close-ups:
I used several flowers and a die-cut. Plus small starfish and sequins and beads. Look closely and you can see the stencil that I used.
Here you can see I used two stencils and then sprinkled with various watercolors. I had this butterfly in my stash plus the letters which I outlined in black.
I added a large starfish then placed a pretty rose in the center.
I added these cute phrases I found in my stash.
Here is a list of items that I used:
Michaels and Hobby Lobby - Flowers, starfish, metal gears, and letters
Tim Holtz - Leaf Die-cuts
The Crafty Scrapper - Sequins
From my stash - Beads watercolor, butterflies stencils
Thank you for looking and Happy Scrapping!
Hugs – Ginger