Sunday, July 15, 2018

Sweet


Hello friends!  Today I did this layout for the design team at CSI Color Stories Inspiration.  We were to use all the colors and have a summer theme.  I could not find a photo any better than these two little ones...Kenzie and Colby my sweet grandchildren.  They go swimming everyday in their pool which they have lots of fun!


Here is the challenge:


EVIDENCE

  • Stripes
  • Watercolor pattern
  • Sketchy patterns
  • Beach/nautical elements
  • Lobster or other animal
  • Cards
  • Glasses
  • Circles
  • Wet medium
  • Embossing powder or something else grainy like sand.
  • Sun
  • Fringe
  • Elements from the Scene, like candy, ice cream, bikini, shells, pail, beach ball, etc.

TESTIMONY (JOURNALING IDEAS)

  • Topic: Document a trip to the beach or other place near water.
  • Prompt Idea: Choose a July question.
  • Presentation: Add journaling to stripes on your paper.
  • Writing Format: Write a list of things you need to bring to whatever event is in your photo.
  • Inspiration Words: relax, entertain, away

THE SCHEME

  • 114.191.211 – bright sky blue
  • 71.94.144 – navy blue
  • 255.255.251 – white
  • 238.79.39 – red with a hint of orange
  • 246.239.221 - sand
How I solved this case:
The Scheme:  Used all 5 colors
The Evidence:  Watercolors, Water Element, Wet Medium, Fringe
The Testimony:  Water Theme



Here are my close-ups:


 I used several flowers and a die-cut.  Plus small starfish and sequins and beads.  Look closely and you can see the stencil that I used.


Here you can see I used two stencils and then sprinkled with various watercolors.  I had this butterfly in my stash plus the letters which I outlined in black.


I added a large starfish then placed a pretty rose in the center.


I added these cute phrases I found in my stash. 

Here is a list of items that I used:

Michaels and Hobby Lobby - Flowers, starfish, metal gears, and letters
Tim Holtz - Leaf Die-cuts
The Crafty Scrapper - Sequins 
From my stash - Beads watercolor, butterflies stencils

Thank you for looking and Happy Scrapping!



Hugs – Ginger
 

No comments:

Post a Comment