Monday, July 25, 2011

Friends

This layout is one of my favorites!!  I wanted to make it so feminine and sweet.  The photo is my friend Suzan and I while we were at a wedding in Houston.  We have been friends for 60 years.  She is 3 months older than me and we lived next door to each other.  We always had a great time playing in the neighborhood.  Then one day my parents told me we were moving.  How sad I was leaving all my friends.  We, however, remained close and 39 years ago she married my cousin.  So now we are family!  How blessed I am!!!!

I love the Prima papers because they seem to have a very soft and dainty look.  I used white bazzill cardstock and then I found my Martha Stewart punch and used around the edges of the paper.  I then inked around it so it would stand out.  I had a lamp post which I used white crackle paint and then I inked around the edges.  I added little pink bows to each lamp as well.  I had several Prima flowers and some other little flowers from my stash.  I also added feathers to give the feel of something very soft.  I could not find a banner so I went online and found what I needed and put it into PowerPoint and added friends.  After I had the layout all together I added small pearls and then Star Dust stickles (little dots) all over the layout.

Thank you so much for looking!!

Hugs - Ginger

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice page, Ginger...I like the crackle paint on the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that big lavender flower would like good in my hair... just saying!

    ReplyDelete