Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rock-A-Bye Baby


I just love this photo of my new grandson Colby!  Obviously he was sound asleep which makes it even more special.  My daughter-in-law had a photographer take several photos and this is just one of them. 

I decided to make this one similar to his older sisters photo that I completed 3 years ago.  I hand drew the little bundle and cut out his photo.  I wanted it to look like it was something a stork would carry.  I found this lovely paper by Websters which has birds and a little nest and knew that it was the correct paper to use.  I did go outside and find a little branch and put it through the bundle.  I then inked the bundle and added lots of embellies to it.  I rather like the way it turned out!!

Items that I used:
Websters paper - Country Estate
Mirabella paper - what the bundle is made of
Prima - Bronte Blooms - Lemonade; Flowered tendrils - Lemon
Jolee's - watch
Ribbon - I am not sure but I believe it is from Maya Roads
Tim Holtz - Vintage photo - Distressed Ink
Star Dust - Stickle
Viva - Pearl Pen - White
K & Company - Butterflies

Thanks for looking!

Hugs - Ginger

2 comments:

  1. A PRECIOUS bundle of love and sweetness, Ginger!! SO clever, love the twig from your yard. At first I thought it was a bib, but read your description and instantly went 'awww'! What a blessing. I love the feathers and pocketwatch. Enjoy all those grandbabies!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous! I love the design...and beautiful embellies!

    ReplyDelete