Saturday, January 7, 2017

Birthday


This layout is me on my first birthday.  January 17th I will be (_ _ ?!!) years old.  Time really flies and before you know it your children have all grown and have children of their own.  However, being a grandmother is so special.

I did this layout for CSI Color Stories Inspiration Challenge.



The Scheme:  I used all 5 colors
The Evidence:  Triangles, String, Banners, Leaves 
The Testimony:  Birthday - Give out what you most want to come back; Be open to whatever comes next;  Love with all your heart

Please see the close-ups!

 
This is my mother whom I miss so very much.  I added small dots to the background plus added these (3) sayings.


I used die-cuts and then added micro beads to the leaves.




I hope you enjoyed looking at what I created.  This has been fun and I wish you a wonderful day.

Thank you!


Hugs – Ginger
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, Ginger. I love your interpretation of the sketch. The photo block looks really nice placed at the top portion of the layout with flower groupings framing the top, and bottom, of the photos. Sweet way to scrapbook old and new photos.
    I have that exact same pink/black patterned paper but have never been able to find a way to use it. You might just have inspired me to finally put it to good use. I love how the banner follows the torn paper. Great work all around. TFS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is gorgeous, and so are you, how appropriate for you! I love all your details and colours you have used. Thanks for joining us for CSI Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special story Ginger and you have scrapped it beautifully. I think you might have cut yourself short with the Evidence that you have used to create this gorgeous page. Thanks for playing along at CSI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout and quotes to go with your photos, Ginger! So man gorgeous details on here!

    ReplyDelete