Monday, April 16, 2012

Memoirs





















I did this mini album for the Design Team at The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie, Texas.  It is such a precious little album.  It is by Melissa Frances.  She has such sweet paper which I thought would go well with photos of me a long time ago.   

I found a sweet quote which I added to this page and I really do not like this photo of me (for I look bald) but oh well!!  
I do like this photo of me.  I was a year old.  I just did lots of flowers, lace, and punches on these two pages.

The first picture is my younger sister Sally and me on Easter in 1955.  The other photo is me in our yard.  Look at those beautiful flowers I am standing next too.  Gorgeous!!!
I have done a layout on this photo before but I decided to use it again.  I look so sad sitting on my little tricycle!  

This little photo is me at the beach in Galveston, Texas.  No I am not going to the potty but rather after sitting awhile in the wet sand my bathing suit was full of water!  The other photo is me at my birthday party!
Another little photo of me wearing a little straw hat.  These photos were taken in Van, Texas.  It is a small oil town where my dad worked on the rigs and mom stayed at home.  Oh, those were the good ole days!!
Well, here we are at the end of my little story.  I loved working on this album for it brought back many stories that I had forgotten about during my childhood.

I inked, punched, added lots and lots of flowers and on many pages used a quote or saying rather than a photo.  

Here is a list of items that I used:

Melissa Frances - Album & Papers
Prima - All the gorgeous flowers
Martha Stewart - Punches
Tim Holtz - Distressed Ink - Vintage Photo
Maya Roads - Butterflies, Mannequin, Crochet flowers, lace
Lots of ribbon, etc. flowers, from my stash.

Thanks for looking and please visit The Crafty Scrapper!!

Hugs - Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment